Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Short Story Intro (Draft) -- Lahash's Entrance (written by insaney)

I knew that she didn’t want to take me along at all. It was my son that convinced her, if you really think about it. And if you think about it some more, she didn’t want to take my son along, either. I found it odd, since she was doing it for their children and for Rubato on a whole. I offered to go in place of my son, instead; after all, it was my grandchildren that they wanted to fight for, right? She was still pretty much a wall when I offered to, but our persistence actually broke through after a tiny while. Even so, there was that bit of silence before she accepted me.

She really is feisty, but sweet in her own way. I wonder how my son got caught up with such a lady. He’d have to tell me about it, someday. Come to think of it, he’d have to tell me the story of a lot of things.

This wasn’t really... my kind of thing. I usually go it alone, even into a fortress like this. But...for the sake of my children; my two daughters and my son and for the sake of their children, I’ll have to be the secondary force behind this one. She is, after all, the leader and the brains of this operation. I’m just representing my son here and...if she needed it, which I doubt she will, I’d protect my daughter in any way I can.

For now, though, she instructed me to just distract and keep an eye on the guards. This would be easy for a monster like me.